Membership of the Network
‘Membership’ of the Council of African Cabinet Secretaries is limited to Cabinet Secretaries as defined in the Network’s Charter.
These secretariats are often led by senior civil servants, although in some countries the Cabinet Secretariat is headed by a Minister or other senior political appointee. The criterion for membership is based on function, rather than civil service or political status.
‘Associate Membership’ of the Network is be available to others involved in improving Cabinet processes:
- Former Cabinet Secretaries;
- Other staff employed in Cabinet Secretariats or other central agencies with similar functions;
- Governance advisers and others employed by donors involved in supporting centre of government institutions;
- Technical experts with practical experience in Cabinet Secretariats or similar agencies;
- Organisations (e.g. donors or firms) actively involved in supporting Cabinet Secretariats.